Sunday, November 27, 2011

Keeping warm with my blankets!

I've been knitting for a few years... nothing more than a simple stitch scarf, so I decided to make a lot of scarves and just make a blanket. It ended up being SO easy, just very time consuming. Ended up taking about a year to finish, I would work on it off and on. I wish I marked down how many hours I worked on it though, but I am very pleased with how it ended. I started with 7 strips and sewed each one together to form the blanket.



I also started on another blanket ( they seem the least intimidating to start with--- all straight lines). A couple years ago I decided on making a tshirt quilt with all of my high school xc and track shirts since I had so many sitting in a dresser at home collecting dust. I cut all the pieces and then those began creating dust. So, a few weeks ago I decided I needed to finish this project.
After cutting out all the tshirts and fabric strips for the outline I had to iron on interface to all the tshirts to help with the sewing. Then I added strips to the tshirt squares to give a little more stability to the blanket. And that's all I've done so far :)


Next step is adding the batting and a back to the quilt and tying it off at each square. So far I'm pretty proud of my first sewn blanket. 


No comments:

Post a Comment