Friday, May 4, 2012

Signed up!

I've noticed that after each race I go through a "Post Race High". In this PRH, I feel like I am able to accomplish any and every goal. I think this is the only time I really ever sign up for more races. On the drive home from Virginia/Promise Land 50k we started talking about what was next on our racing list. Since I have now done 3 50ks, I felt like a 50 miler needed to be put on the list soon, didn't know how soon but felt like it was almost that time. So, I got home and it was stuck in my head that I wanted to sign up for something. I found a few fairly local races that looked good, but then Carrie comes around with more races... so she finally convinced me to take another trip back down to Virginia in November to do.... Mountain Masochist 50 miler!!!!!! I'm officially signed up for a 50!!!! Whew, I'm tired just thinking about it :)

54ish miles, 9200 feet gained, 7200 feet lost, 12 hour cut off... gonna be a tough one!

From the Mountain Masochist website:
"Started in 1983 the Mountain Masochist Trail Run has earned its reputation for being one of the “best trail races in the east.” The course itself is a challenging combination of roads, jeep trails, and single track that can cause even the most experienced runner to breathe a sigh of relief at the finish line in Montebello, VA. Ample aid stations and tried and true organization makes the race a perfect first 50 miler."

http://www.eco-xsports.com/events/mmtr/







No comments:

Post a Comment